Law Firm Green Initiatives
Clark Wilson LLP
800-885 Georgia St W
Vancouver, BC V6C 3H1
Tel: (604) 687-5700
Fax: (604) 687-6314
Environmental responsibility is increasingly important to Clark Wilson and its clients. Accordingly, Clark Wilson adopted a Green Policy to ensure that all firm operations, decisions and activities are undertaken in an environmentally responsible manner, minimizing their impact on the natural environment, without sacrificing the firm’s ability to continue to provide its clients with first class legal services.
The firm’s green policy and efforts are managed by the firm’s Green Team, a group of enthusiastic lawyers and staff who, with the full support of the firm’s management, are working hard to monitor their progress, identify areas for improvement, and develop and implement more sustainable business practices.
Some of the “green” practices which Clark Wilson has already implemented include:
- Stock paper supplies now include at least 30% post consumer content.
- Office systems enabling paperless operations (including scanning and electronic filing options) have been implemented across the firm. Best practice guidelines and training are provided to facilitate and encourage paperless practices.
- Closing briefs can be provided in digital format as an alternative to hard copy bound volumes. Most marketing materials can also be provided in digital format.
- A “Green Room” has been developed for the firm’s intranet. The Green Room hosts resources such as an internal Carpool Connection, and provides a forum for circulating ideas and information about how to improve office and personal practices.
- Energy saving equipment (including light bulbs, photocopiers and flat screen monitors) are used throughout the firm whenever possible. In addition, best practice guidelines and instructions have been circulated to minimize the amount of energy consumed by electronic equipment that is not in use.
Visit www.cwilson.com/green/ to learn more about Clark Wilson's Green Program.
[posted December 15, 2008]